Sunday 17 December 2017

Playing - a matter of gender?

In the beginning, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for writing again about animation... I can't help I love it so much^^'
However, this post it isn't about movies. I want to draw your attention to a very important problem: forcing children for playing what their parents want to play.


In this Christmas clip you can see a boy that wants to buy a toy car and a doll within it. However, his mother forbids him doing so.
When I first saw it, I thought "It is exactly my situation when I was a child". Whenever I wanted a toy like a car or a plastic gun, everyone in my family said "It's not suitable for a girl"… Well, I understand them. I have a brother and male cousins, so my family wanted me to be girly, even though I didn’t want to. Well, maybe the fact I didn’t play cars explains the fact why I love cars so much now :p

So, in short, children are just children and should play what they want. It shouldn't be a matter of gender, because they need to experience the world.
It's my opinion, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment